Baby, It's Cold in Minne-snow-ta!

It is no secret that Minne-snow-ta winter is characterized by cold (below freezing) temperatures. In the Twin Cities (Minneapolis - Saint Paul) region, the average winter temperature is around 10 degree Fahrenheit (-12.2 degree Celsius). Yet, you have nothing to worry about because Minnesota also offers various attractions which help you forget the fact that it is cold outside!

bike.jpg

Some people do ride their bikes to school >.< Picture taken by: Asa Widiastomo

One of the attractions is the Nickelodeon Universe. It is an amusement park located in the center of the Mall of America (MoA) in Bloomington, MN. I usually went back to Indonesia during the winter break to escape from the winter (hmhh .. I can imagine how nice and warm it must be in Indonesia right now ^^). This last winter break, however, I decided to stay in Minnesota because I've been saving some money for my parents to come to my commencement in May.

I really thought it was going to be boring as all of my roommates went back to Indonesia. I am glad it did not turn out that way :) During one of the winter break weekends, a few of my friends who also stayed in Minnesota and I decided to go play at the Nickelodeon Universe. We thought it would be relaxing to spend the whole day at an amusement park as we studied hard in the fall semester of 2010 and will have to study even harder in the spring semester of 2011. The six of us purchased all-day unlimited ride wristbands for $29.95 each.

Since all of us LOVE to ride roller-coasters, we went for every single adult ride. From SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge, Pepsi Orange Streak, Log Chute, Fairly Odd Coaster, to Ghost Blasters. I have to say, however, that my most favorite ride was the Avatar Airbender. It is a half-pipe roller-coaster that goes up to 70 feet to the top and back tower while spinning the riders.

398px-Avatar_Airbender_MOA.jpg

This is just ONE attraction. There are a lot more Minnesota has to offer. Come back to our blog to find out what they are :)

Peace,

asa.

Ive got look through your other useful article and i like to thank you for the useful data that youve got shared. Congrats!

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?