ACEC Scholarships for CSE Students
September 11, 2011
The American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota (ACEC/MN), a Minnesota trade association dedicated to advancing the practice of consulting engineering, is proud to once again offer scholarships to promising young engineering students.
Last year, ACEC/MN awarded 8 scholarships ranging from $2000 - $3500. These scholarships are made possible by donations from ACEC/MN firms. Four special scholarships will be awarded this year:
- $2,500 Don Stormoe Geotechnical Scholarship (to a student with a geotechnical focus)
- $2,500 BPK&Z CPA's & Consultants and Coleman Hull van Vliet Scholarship (Golf
- Tournament Title Sponsor)
- The Bob Rosene Scholarship (to a student with a civil focus)
- The top-qualifying candidate will receive the Earl Oxley scholarship
To qualify, a student must be:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in an accredited engineering program or in an
- accredited land surveying program
- Entering their junior, senior, fifth or pursing a Master's in the fall of 2012
- A U.S. citizen
If you need a scholarship application or would like further information on ACEC/MN or consulting engineering, visit the web site at http://www.acecmn.org.
Students will be ranked based on leadership skills, school involvement, community activities, work experience, academic achievement and their understanding of consulting engineering. Each portion of the application has a specific point value and is ranked separately. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications due by: November 4, 2011
To request a hard copy of the scholarship application or if you have any questions, please contact the CCSE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.