Can Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Get You a Job?
December 2, 2011
These days, a college degree and years of experience do not necessary mean a good job like they used to, and competition is fierce for the few available openings. Coping with this New Normal, job seekers are reaching into unconventional and creative avenues to gain a competitive edge in the job jungle. And social media are increasingly becoming the new job fair for people to network, get new job leads or to promote and showcase resumes.
Indeed, Linkedin is the new hangout for corporate as well as agency headhunters, and many corporations have Twitter accounts and Facebook pages. The infographic below, based on a recent survey by Jobvite finds some interesting statistics regarding using social media for job search. For example,
- 1 in 6 workers use social media to get hired
- Almost 90% of job seekers have a profile on a social media site
- 54% of all job hunters use Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin to find jobs
- 50% of job seekers used Facebook, 25% used Twitter, and 36% used Linkedin to look for a job in the last 12 months
- 18.4 million Americans say Facebook got them their current jobs. The numbers for Twitter and Linked in are 10.2 million and 8 million respectively
For full article, click here