IPrime News & Events
Aaron Hedegaard Ph.D. Thesis Defense
Chemical Engineering and Materials Science Department
IPrime Programs: Microstructured Polymers
March 7, 2014, University of Minnesota
Advisors: Chris Macosko (CEMS)
Available to IPrime members only. Access by entering your company ID and password. Help
The College of Science and Engineering invites you to the Grand Opening Celebration of the new University of Minnesota Physics and Nanotechnology Building. Join us for a public Open House on Thursday, April 24, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. or 4-7 p.m. Tours will be ongoing during these times. See the new 144,000-square-foot building that includes about 40 new research laboratories and more than 15,000 square feet specifically dedicated to nanotechnology research, including a 5,000-square-foot clean room.
The Medical Devices Center (MDC) will hold its Design of Medical Devices Conference on April 7-10, 2014. Several IPrime faculty will present program lectures and representatives will participate in the exhibit session. Registration is now open.
IPrime is pleased to announce our newest member company, Sappi. They are our 1st South African Company.Read more...
IPrime & CharFac are proud to announce a new addition to our faculty, Klaus Wormuth.Read more...
Since the inception of the Industrial Fellows IPrime program, over 125 IPrime Industrial Fellows from 33 companies have participated in this program. See all fellows and their projects here.
- Boston Scientific (Maggie Zeng)
- Cabot (Arthur Scholz)
- INOAC (Ayumu Sakai)
- Nitto (Koki Tomioka)
- Stratasys (Jenny Zhu)
- Upsher-Smith (Justin Song)
We are pleased to announce the addition of three new companies to IPrime bringing our partnerships with industry to over 50 members.
- Covidien a $10 billion global healthcare products leader dedicated to innovation and long-term growth. Covidien creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence.
- INOAC a leading innovator and manufacturer of foam, elastomers, plastic, and compound materials for an array of industries including automobile, aerospace, electronic, healthcare, and cosmetics.
- MeadWestvaco a global packaging company. We help shape consumers' experiences with products in healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, tobacco, and home and garden markets around the world.
Assistant Professor David Flannigan's research in ultrafast electron microscopy will soon be utilizing revolutionary technology with the world's first Tecnai (TM) Femto ultrafast electron microscope (UEM), enabling scientists to explore ultrafast events and processes that occur at the atomic and molecular spatial scale over time spans measured in femtoseconds (10-15 seconds). Read more...
The first MN-IP project to result in a license deal is now on track to have a major impact on the growing composite materials industry.
Adama Materials, a startup company launched to commercialize the technology, worked with an interdisciplinary team of U of M researchers, including IPrime Director Chris Macosko and faculty Andreas Stein, to develop new techniques for making stronger and less costly composites, the materials used in the high performance plastics industry. OTC announcement 10.16.13