Help protect our nation's digital infrastructure.
Network with national experts and technology business leaders while you learn the latest information about protecting our nation's digital infrastructure at the second annual Cyber Security Summit.
Cyber Security Summit
Oct. 9-10, 2012
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis
The University of Minnesota Technological Leadership Institute is one of the summit's presenting sponsors.
Register at cybersecuritysummit.org by Friday, Sept. 21 to receive the student discount.
The U.S. relies on a vast array of information networks that allow people to communicate and travel, power homes, run the economy, and provide government services. Yet cyber intrusions and attacks have increased dramatically over the last decade, exposing sensitive personal and business information, disrupting critical operations, and imposing high costs on the economy.
This Cyber Security Summit will bring together the technology business community with government policy makers and leaders in academia to discuss cyber threats. The summit will focus on two themes--cyber threat identification as well as information sharing and privacy.
The event, which has grown from a half-day summit last year to a two-day summit this year, will feature a nationally recognized lineup of speakers including:
- Mark Weatherford, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity for the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Patrick Reidy, Chief Information Security Officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Howard A. Schmidt, Former Special Assistant to the President and Cyber Security Coordinator
- Christopher Buse, Chief Information Security Officer, State of Minnesota
- William Pelgrin, President and CEO, Center for Internet Security
- Bill Aerts, Director of Information Risk Management, Medtronic
- Wade Baker, Director of Risk Intelligence, Verizon
- Renee Lopez-Pineda, Information Security General Manager, Delta Air Lines
- Eric Kaler, President, University of Minnesota
- Massoud Amin, Director of the Technology Leadership Institute, University of Minnesota
- Gopal Khanna, Senior Fellow, Technological Leadership Institute, University of Minnesota; and Chair, Cyber Security Summit
In addition, panel discussions and networking breaks will allow for those attending the summit to interact and join the discussion on cyber security.
Cyber Security Summit