Don't miss the University of Minnesota's Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair sponsored by the students of The Actuary Club and the Financial Mathematics Association (FMA) at the University of Minnesota.
2012 Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair
Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012
TCF Bank Stadium, DQ Club Room
About the fair:
Employers at the fair will include many insurance companies and actuarial consulting firms, as well as quantitative finance firms such as banks, hedge funds, capital management, capital markets trading firms, and a few companies with large analytics groups. On the actuarial side, many employers will already be recruiting for full-time positions and summer internships that start in June 2013.
The fair will be divided into two parts:
- 1-4 p.m. - dedicated to actuarial employers and students
- 5:30-8:30 p.m. - dedicated to the quantitative finance industry and interested students
An electronic resume book of preregistered students will be sent to employers the day before the fair. Students should also bring paper copies of resumes so employers can cross-reference them against the electronic resume book.
Who should attend?
Students from the following list below are eligible to attend the 2012 Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair.
- All current MCFAM actuarial undergraduate and financial mathematics master students and recent alumni
- Ph.D. candidates in Mathematics
- All current and recent alumni from the University's Economics and Statistics Departments at the University of Minnesota - both Ph.D. candidates and undergraduates are welcome
- Members of the Actuary Club or the Financial Mathematics Student Association at the University of Minnesota and students from other regional Actuarial Programs
If you are a University of Minnesota-Twin Cities student, you must agree to attend one of the Career Fair preparation workshops listed on the Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair website.
If you are an economics or statistics student you should only attend if you have a true interest in meeting with employers in the actuarial, quantitative finance and analytics fields.
To preregister for the career fair, and view registered employers, visit the Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair website. The student registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 1, 2012. You must also submit your resume in final form by Sept. 28 by 6 p.m. if you want it to be in the electronic resume book.
For more information:
Please visit the Career Fair website for more detailed information, including student registration, career fair workshop preparation sessions, and deadlines to submit your resume for inclusion in the electronic resume book.
If you have additional questions or need to speak to someone regarding the Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Career Fair logistics, please contact the following people:
- Afternoon session - Abigal Truhler, Assistant Career Fair Coordinator - Actuary Club, firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 315-5521
- Evening session - Stephanie Majkowski, Vice President - Financial Mathematics Association, email@example.com or (651) 260-5299
The Actuary Club and the Financial Mathematics Association look forward to seeing youl at the 2012 University of Minnesota Financial and Actuarial Career Fair!
Mark Wilson - President, University of Minnesota Actuary Club
Leo Kim - President, Financial Mathematics Association