Get the scoop on physics!
Get a physics program overview, tour labs, hear from current students, and learn about jobs in physics from guest speakers in a variety of industry, research and development, and high school teaching careers at a Physics Open House.
Physics Open House
Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012
11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tate Laboratory of Physics, Room 435
Free pizza lunch!
Research lab tours include:
- Hanany (Observational Cosmology)
- Greven (Fundamental Electronic Properties of Exotic Oxide Materials)
- Pryke (Detecting the Big Bang from the South Pole)
- Crowell (Spins in Solids)
- Kakalios (Amorphous Silicon Thin Films)
- Cronin-Hennessy (Neutrinos and NOvA)
- Mandic (Cryogenic Dark Matter Search Experiment)
- Methods of Experimental Physics Lab LCSE/MSI Visualization Lab (LMVL)
- Heller (Presentation on Neutrino Oscillations at Minnesota)
Panel discussion by Society of Physics Students (SPS).
School of Physics and Astronomy