Share your experience in CSE with incoming freshman and transfer students!
The College of Science and Engineering Office of Academic Advising has extended the deadline for Summer 2014 Orientation Peer Assistant applications.
These are paid positions with an hourly rate of $10.25 (approximately $1,600-1,800 total pay for the summer).
As a CSE Orientation Peer Assistant, you will present information to prospective students in one-on-one and group settings during orientation sessions, provide logistical support to the CSE Academic Advising office, and facilitate activities to prepare new students for registration.
The application deadline has been extended to Monday, April 7, 2014.
All CSE majors are encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, have an ability to work independently and as part of a team, and are flexible, positive, and energetic. Preference will be given to students with a diverse, involved experience at the University. Students must have a cumulative GPA higher than 2.8.
Note: You must be a current undergraduate CSE student for Fall 2014.
To apply, visit the University's employment opportunities website and search by requisition number 189927. Applicants must complete the online application and submit a resume, cover letter, and two references.
The Summer 2014 orientation dates are listed below. Students must be available during the times indicated; however, times may vary based on job responsibilities. Applicants must also be available for paid orientation training on Thursday, June 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FRESHMAN AND TRANSFER STUDENT ORIENTATION DATES
- Tuesday, June 10, noon-4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 11, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, June 12, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Friday, June 13, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 16, 12:30-4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 17, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 18, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, June 19, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Friday, June 20, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday, June 23, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 24, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 25, 12:30-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, June 26, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Friday June 27, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 8, 12:30-4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 9, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, July 10, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Friday, July 11, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 16, 12:30-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, July 17, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Friday, July 18, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 22, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 23, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, July 24, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 18, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 19, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 20, 1-4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 21, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 25, 12:30-4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 27, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
College of Science and Engineering
Office of Academic Advising