College of Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota
College of Science and Engineering
http://cse.umn.edu/

Day 15-16

Wow! Shanghai has been such a rush! I haven't had time to keep up with the blog. Sorry everyone, but I guess today is going to be a long one. So, on our 15th day, we visited Fudan University and toured their research facilities and two of their campuses. One of their more interesting projects was on enhancing the ability to detect vectors from electromagnetic waves. Another one of their cool projects was on cognitive radio. Here's a really awesome video to help you all know what it's all about:

Day 14-15 016.JPG
On day 16, we visited two companies, TechImport and IBM. TechImport is a fairly small company which is centered in Sweden. However it has grown greatly in the past year due to demand for it's products. TechImport produces machines that can recycle things such as light bulbs and cars. It breaks them down into their components for reuse in future light bulbs and cars. TechImport in Shanghai is just starting up but they are already very successful and have a lot of interest. I could go on and on about the cool projects they are working on putting in place with biomass and other bioproducts but I don't want to nerd out on you all! At our visit to IBM we learned about their improvements on computer chips and their introduction of the eDRAM and how it is more efficient and more reliable the the normal sRAM.
Day 14-15 020.JPG

Photos

Videos