College of Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota
College of Science and Engineering
http://cse.umn.edu/

Hiking in the Cinque Terre

We have been enjoying the past two days in the Cinque Terre (Five Lands). Yesterday, we took the train from Rome to La Spezia. Once settling into our hotel, the whole group took off to start exploring the Cinque Terre.

All of the villages and the coastline are beautiful! The attached photos really don't do justice to the spectacular views, terraced vineyards, and quaint towns. The food here is wonderful, and we've been enjoying fresh seafood and pesto with our meals.

This morning, we hiked from Monterosso to Vernazza. Some people continued hiking to Corniglia, while others lingered behind to sunbathe and take a dip in the Ligurian Sea. Monterosso is having a Lemon Festival today, so most of us took the train back to that village to enjoy the festival and lay on the beach.
cinque1.JPG
cinque2.JPG
cinque3.JPG
cinque4.JPG

We're off to Florence tomorrow!
Ciao!

For Lindsey:

When you're around the Leaning Tower in Pisa, wave a sign that says 'Io sono Lindsey'. I have 1-2 other cousins (Danilo & Milena) -besides Carlo- who want to meet up with you and they're wondering how they'll identify you in the crowd! (If you can e-mail me and let me know what color shirt/pants you'll be wearing, that could help, too. I'll let them know.)

Ciao Bella,
Aunt JoAnn

Great blog!

Photos

Videos