One Stop | Directories | Search U of M  
 Solar Vehicle Project
Home
About
History
Current Car
News
Photos
Sponsors
Join SVP
Contact Us

« Arrival in Sioux Falls | Race Updates Main | Rayce Day 5: Stage Stop in Sioux Falls »

Rumor Quashing

Apparently there is also a rumor going around (possibly from OSU's blog) that our battery exploded or caught fire. This is NOT true; we blew a couple fuses on power trackers at the Topeka checkpoint, but no permanent damage was done to the car.

OSU may be mistaking us for Missouri S&T, who had a battery pack catch fire while they were stopped for the night near Nebraska City.

As far as that goes, their blog says that all of their team members are okay and that they were ready to get back on the road as of posting. Best of luck to them.

Go Minnesota! Keep up your great resilience! We are following online and cheering you on from MN. Tomorrow morning we plan to watch you start your day out of Sioux Falls. Our son was on the 2005 MN Team and so we are pretty much junkies for life.

I'd like to encourage all you other familiy members and friends to go take this rayce in, in person, over the next few days. It is exciting and fun--- Go! You will not regret it.

Best wishes for safe and fast days ahead. Jane and Mike

I can hardly wait to see you in Fargo! I know it will be a very quick stop, but I'll have chocolate chip cookies and spicy Chex mix (with Tabasco) to hand off to you. Kudos to this amazing team! Thanks for letting us share in your adventure. As far as rumors, the blogs I read attributed the fire incident to Missouri. I'm so glad that they are all okay! Be well, Minnesota!

Sorry, Minnesota, it's hard for us West-coasters to keep track of all those M-states in the middle... (sheepish grin)

Way to go guys. We're reading the blogs with bated breath every day. I think about you all the time since we saw you take off in Plano. Hope the bugs go away and you'll have smooth riding from now on. Peggy

Good luck Minnesota from a member of the '93 team!

It's a beautiful Minnesota summer day, lot's of sunshine, I hope it's also over your car all way up thru Canada, eh? Race well, and say hi to my sister when she hands off the cookies & chex mix!

Go Minnesota!! Sorry we couldn't be there to watch you take off today. Looking forward to all the pics & stories from your journey. We are very proud of you Jeff & the Minnesota team for all that you've accomplished & overcome. Take care & be safe!

Solar Vehicle Project