One Stop | Directories | Search U of M  
 Solar Vehicle Project
Home
About
History
Current Car
News
Photos
Sponsors
Join SVP
Contact Us

« Spending the Night in Tulsa, OK | Race Updates Main | Scrutineering Day 2 »

Updates from Texas

Hey Gopher fans;

The team arrived safely in Texas yesterday at 2:30 yesterday afternoon; after settling into our hotel we got our team registered, our four drivers weighed in, and our pit set up.

Today, the team started the scrutineering process. All of our late night preparations payed off in a big way during the mad dash to get Centaurus through stations checking over our mechanical systems, electrical systems, solar array, stability, and many other things. In the end, we were able to check in "all green" at 3:54pm

We were the first team to do so, which secures us pole position for the qualifying event on Thursday and Friday! We are excited to see how Centaurus performs on the track.

Over the next two days, we plan to chase down every last little electrical gremlin in the car, and finish preparing our support vehicles for the weeks ahead.

Check out our photo page soon for updates.

-Adem Rudin

Woohoo! That's great news! Congrats on the pole position. It's good to hear that you're there and ready to roll. May all the electrical systems cooperate and settle in to perfect functionality! We're thinking of you and praying for your success!

Gremlins? I thought they were called Chiggers.

Way to go Gophers!! Can't wait to see you in the lead in Omaha!

I'm not sure if my other comment got through, but I just wanted to say that I'm so proud of the team! First you got 'er done for yourselves, and now you're helping others - wish the rest of the world would work that way.

Just a shout out to my nephew, nice picture Morgan, I almost didn't recognize you!

Here's hoping you have smooth sailing and great innovations - keep up the great work!

Solar Vehicle Project