The UMD campus now has a new interactive map, available at our main maps page on the web.
To use the new interactive features, select the different tool icons in the maroon bar at the top of the map. Or use the arrows and slider in the upper left of the map. And notice the different views across the top of the map.
This map is the work of a talented team of individuals at UMD, using advanced Geographic Information tools:
- Project Manager: Stacey Stark (GIS Lab)
- Business Analyst: Peter Angelos (CLA)
- Testing: Andy Manteuffel (ITSS), GIS Lab students
- Web Developer: Andy Manteuffel (ITSS)
- Data Development: Steve Graham (GIS Lab), Erik Larson (FM)
The map was built with tools developed by UMTC University Services IT. We particularly appreciate the help of Bill Kanfield and Dan Sward from this group.
Finally, thanks to these others who lent their support and helped with planning: John King (Interim VCFO), Steve Levin (U Services), John Rashid (FM), John Sawyer (FM), Cheryl Reitan (External Affairs), and the Campus Web Committee.
Enjoy this new resource.