It is with great pleasure that we announce the addition of a new staff member to our group. Trish Crace has joined ITSS as the new Faculty and TechCenter Support Specialist.
Trish brings a variety of technical and higher ed experience including four years at the University of Minnesota Morris campus doing both Help Desk support and test scoring until this past June. She has quickly applied the excellent skills she learned at the Morris campus to her work at UMD.
- Trish’s Background:
- Trish was born in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Trish graduated from Alexandria Technical College with an AAS Degree in Computer and Voice Networking. Trish has worked at Benson Public Schools and Willmar Public Schools in a Technical Support role. She then started with University of Minnesota Morris as the User Support Supervisor. She was at the University of Minnesota Morris from 2007 until 2011. Trish and her family relocated to Duluth in July and she joined ITSS in February of 2012. She is excited to be back with the University.
- Trish’s Interests:
- Trish enjoys the outdoors. She and her family own a cabin in Canada on Lake of the Woods where they spend several weekends in the summer. Trish also loves baseball and is an avid Twins fan. But she is not so sure about this season with the loss of two of her favorites, Joe Nathan and Michael Cuddyer!
- Interesting Facts...
- Trish is married to Jim and they have 3 children. Lyla, 2 ½ and twin boys Brody and Carter 9 months old. They owned a Labrador Retriever kennel for the last 8 years where they trained and raised field bred Labradors. They have puppies in almost every state, Canada and even Iran. If you ever need to know anything about field bred labs from training to genetics Trish can tell you.
- What Trish Does for ITSS:
- Trish has been scoring tests for the last few weeks and has quickly learned our system for scoring and uploading "bubble-sheet" exams into various online grade-book and course management systems. She will be working in our Help Desk and TechCenter areas soon. With her great technical and customer service skills, she will continue to expand her role within ITSS. We are very pleased to heave Trish working with us!