You may have noticed more digital signs on campus recently. A number of units are using these signs to provide content and images that enhance the UMD campus. Special recognition goes to Kirby Student Center, where events are displayed and changed each day.
If you are considering a digital sign for your area, please be aware of our campus Policy on Digital Signage. The goals of this policy are to:
- Use a centralized management system to enable use of signs for emergency announcements.
- Standardize infrastructure to simplify support.
- Share infrastructure between campus units to reduce overall campus costs.
- Ensure that installation is appropriate and meets building code regulations.
- Support thoughtful choices that take into account the campus carbon footprint.
Please read this policy carefully before you purchase or install a new digital sign.