Bomgar will enable ITSS to remotely access and fix nearly any computer or device you may have, running any platform, located anywhere in the world.
ITSS is excited to announce a new tool that will make your UMD tech support experience that much better. Earlier this year, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) on the Twin Cities campus acquired a remote support appliance called Bomgar. OIT has since partnered with ITSS to share licensing and access to Bomgar. With Bomgar, ITSS staff can remotely access and fix nearly any computer or device you may have, running any platform, located anywhere in the world. As long as you can connect to the Internet, ITSS can connect to you.
With your permission, the Bomgar tool allows our tech gurus to securely take control of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. It works like this:
- You contact the ITSS Help Desk. Based on the information you provide to the Help Desk, a support professional with expertise on your issue will then contact you.
- If we determine a remote support session will be helpful, we'll send you an e-mail with a link to our Bomgar web site.
- Once at the web site, click on the name of the support person with whom you are working.
- You'll be prompted to download and install a small, temporary application.
- A window will appear in which you can grant access to your computer. Granting this access will allow the support professional assisting you to see your screen and move your mouse. We will take control of the situation and hopefully take the pressure off of you!
- When the issue is resolved and the session is over, the temporary application you installed will ask to be removed; please remove it.
Gone are the days of trying to describe what's on your screen or having to ask one more time exactly where it was that you were supposed to click. Sit back and let ITSS do the work. We'll get you up and running again so that you can get back to your conference, your study abroad experience, your remote research project, or whatever exciting thing it is that has sent you and your fellow UMD community members across the globe.
No matter where in the world you are, ITSS is here to help.