New versions of the UMD web site header and footer are now available for use on all UMD web sites.
We have released updated versions of the UMD web site header and footer for use on all UMD web sites. These components replace the current UMD headers and footers, which have been in place since 2009. The new header and footer are part of the overall UMD web site branding and meet the University branding guidelines.
We have provided the new web page components in two formats:
- Individual virtual includes (header, footer, CSS):
- Use these if you have been using the current virtual includes or to add them to your site to upgrade a non-standard UMD header or footer. You will need to manually update your web pages with the new virtual includes, as they incorporate new HTML and CSS design features.
- Instructions for updating from the previous versions or implementing the new versions for the first time are located here:
Updating from earlier versions of UMD Header and Footer includes
- A redesigned Dreamweaver template:
- Use this if you are currently using a Dreamweaver template to manage your web site.
- The new Dreamweaver template information is here:
Dreamweaver Template Files