« Opposition | Main

THE MOTHER OF ALL BLOGS

As I read Neil Postman "Technopoly", I couldn't help to agree with him. He believe that technology is tearing a culture and nature apart. He believe that our culture is controlled by both invisible and visible technology. Invisible technology are the things that control our society without physical mass. For example, stats, polls, ACT/SAT scores, are just a few ideas of invisible technology. Visible technology is more of the computers, Ipods, cars, and cellphones.
He goes on to describe technology as "progress without limits", hinting on the fact that technology will never end. This is held true by the constant improvements on the improvements. At first CD players were the new cassette players, and in 3 maybe 4 short years IPOD took over. We were satisfied with old-fashioned VHS players, we had to get DVD players.(DVD players are now getting replace by a new type of movie player UMD)
Every time I think about technology and nature, I think of I, ROBOT. Mainly because the ambition to improve everything almost wiped out the human race. When you think about it, that is what "they" want. If "we" human aren't perfect wouldn't improving everything, lead to our on extinction.
Culture and tradition is no longer emphasized. What happen to going fishing, flying kites, and sports. Now all we have is production, video games, and stats. Nature is constantly being changed and improved. Why? Lakes, forests, and parks are suppose to here to take care of "us" and shelter "us" What will happen when there are no more trees and rivers. Nothing "WE" will die.

i-robot-12.jpg