About the Author

I am a university professor who researches and teaches about diverse aspects of work, employment, and related institutions (e.g., labor unions) from a multidisciplinary perspective drawing on scholarship in industrial relations, economics, law, sociology, psychology, ethics, theology, and other disciplines. I've been at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management since 1991 where I am now the Industrial Relations Land Grant Chair and chair of the Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies. I'm a graduate of Colgate University and received M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Princeton University.

My books include

I'm also the author of numerous journal articles, and the recipient of several teaching awards. I've also served as Director of Graduate Studies for Minnesota's graduate program in Human Resources and Industrial Relations, one of the preeminent HR graduate programs in the United States.

For more on my research and books, visit my website. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnWBudd.

About this Blog

Whither Work? is a blog about work created by John Budd. I am a professor of Work and Organizations in the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management, and the author of several books including The Thought of Work. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnWBudd.