If you're a SciFinder user than you know that in the past you've had to download client software onto your desktop to search SciFinder's database and use VPN if you wanted to access it off-campus.
Now SciFinder has recently made an online version available to UMN Library users.
To use SciFinder online you'll have to set up a SciFinder Account...here's the steps that our Chemistry Librarian, Meghan Lafferty sent out:
- Log in to https://www.lib.umn.edu/user/x500.
- Click on http://www.lib.umn.edu/get/16109 (or paste it into the address bar in your browser).
- If you come to an Access Denied page, click on the "Please login..." link.
- Use your umn.edu e-mail address when filling out the registration form, .
- Because only current University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff are permitted to use SciFinder Scholar, please do not share registration/log-in information.
For those of you who currently use the client software, it will continue to work...but they are planning on phasing it out in late 2010.
We only have a limited number of SciFinder seats so please make sure to log out when you are finished using it.