Here's the information from the University Libraries Website concerning library services and the University Closure:
While the University of Minnesota Libraries will be closed along with the rest of the campus from December 24, 2010 through January 2, 2011, some services will continue to be available. These include:
- E-resources, including article databases and online journals, will remain available to the campus community through the Libraries website.
- Users will be able to search for and request print materials in the MNCAT catalog during the closure, however GetIt and recall requests will not be processed until January 3.
- Although due dates have been set to not fall within the closure period, users will be able to view their account and renew materials using the "My Account" feature.
- Books from any U library can be returned at book drops in Magrath, Walter, and Wilson.
- Chat reference will be available, but service will be provided by staff from the national consortium of which the Libraries is a member.
- Because the Academic Health Center will keep certain clinics open during the closure period, the Bio-Med Library will have staff available to respond to questions coming in through the MedRef email service.
More information is available on the University Winter Closure site.
So Walter Library will be closed between Friday, December 24 - Sunday, January 2.
The hours for the rest of this week are:
Tuesday, December 21: 8:00AM -Midnight (Great Hall open 24 hours)
Wednesday, December 22: 8:00AM -6:00PM (Great Hall 24 Hour Access Ends at 6PM)
Thursday, December 23: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Friday, December 24 - Sunday, January 2: UNIVERSITY CLOSURE
I will be working remotely next Wednesday and Thursday (December 29 and 30). I'll be available to answer questions via email both of those days.
Happy Holidays and enjoy the break!