Library Systems Downtime: October 1-2, 2011
A significant downtime period affecting many library systems and numerous university-wide applications supported by the Office of Information Technology (OIT) is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 1st, and conclude with all systems expected to be returned to service by 12:00 noon on Sunday, October 2nd.
Please see OIT's IT Service Disruption: October 1-2, 2011 page for more information.
Library Systems EXPECTED TO REMAIN AVAILABLE:
NOTE: this listing is subject to change, pending testing and availability variables; please check the list periodically.
- A minimal Libraries web site (http://www.lib.umn.edu), with links to Indexes (A-Z), E-journals (A-Z), and WorldCat. Note: The Libraries web site will switch to the minimal version at 4:00 PM on Saturday October 1. This will allow Libraries IT staff to make a successful switch before OIT starts shutting down the WBOB Data Center.
- E-Journals A-Z / Citation Finder / Find It menus
- Archives and Special Collections Finding Aids
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Minnesota Reflections
Library Systems that WILL BE DOWN FOR THE DURATION OF THE OUTAGE:
- MNCAT Classic
- Libraries comprehensive Web Site (www.lib.umn.edu/*) -- this will be a minimized version presenting most-frequently used links only
- UThink: Blogs at the U of M
- AgEcon Search
- University Digital Conservancy
- UMedia Archive