Instructors Planning for Next Semester? -- Reserved Readings

StudyDesk (Reserves).jpg
(Image from S.C. Asher via Flickr. CC.)

As you plan out your syllabus for next semester I just wanted to make sure that you're aware of services the library provides to help instructors make required readings available to students.

Print Reserves
Instructors who would like a full book put on reserve can fill out this form and bring it in to the library or send it through campus mail. You're also free to get in touch with me and I can make sure that your information gets to the correct person.

Reserve Books are held in a special collection behind the circulation desk and the check out period is usually limited to two hours. This makes high demand books available to the widest number of students.

If you'd like a book placed on reserve and we don't currently own a copy, send me an email and I'll look into purchasing a copy.

Electronic Reserve (E-Reserve)
Another option for required readings is electronic reserve. Items of a shorter length...an article, an excerpt of a book, lecture notes, practice exams, etc can be placed on E-Reserve (copyright permitting). E-Reserve makes materials available to students all at the same time and they can access the material remotely--without coming to the library.

To learn more or submit an E-Reserve request, check out the E-Reserves Website.

If you have any questions about Print Reserves or E-Reserves...please let me know or get in touch directly with those departments through their websites and forms.