Its a great day for Soils (data analysis and visualization)!

The purpose of this blog/website is a brain dump for all data analysis notes and vignettes that I write up while doing research. I often find that information related to solving data analysis problems is excellent and getting better but there are always some things that I need to do differently than the posted solution. Those "things to do differently" usually consume 3-4 hours of time for what could be a 5 minute fix if you just knew how to do it. So, hopefully I can finally start documenting all of my fixes here and save myself hours of time later - maybe they will randomly help someone else too. A blog format is great for documenting these vignettes because you can include files, images and text all integrated into a single solution. Its always a great day for Soils!

Working with LDSF Single-Ring Infiltration Data in R
Here is a good example of some (probably non-elegant) dataframe manipulation in R using the Lushoto LDSF single-ring infiltration data.…
Importing and viewing HWSD Data in QGIS
The following shows a workable solution for importing and viewing HWSD data into QGIS. The following .zip file contains all…
Making histograms and density plots with ggplot2
Okay. Still working with LDSF data. Here I am working with the full Lushoto LDSF dataset cropped to just the…