Tinkering with the ISS

Well, looks like the education is finally starting to pay off. I arrived in Florida early Monday morning, or should I say late Sunday night. Either way we arrived at Coco Beach at about 1:30am. The reason for my visit is to work on the P5 truss structure of the International Space Station (ISS). It has been a pretty amazing trip so far. It really is a different feeling to be on the other side of the rope. Any of you get bored feel free to watch some of the live feeds from the Space Station Processing Facility (SSPF), and keep an eye out for me!

Posted by jell0010 at 7:34 PM Random

Boys and Girls

This is one of those things that makes you go huh. Turns out research done in England shows that parents with jobs typically filled by males (engineers, IT) have more male children than females, about 140 boys to 100 girls. Likewise when parents have jobs typically viewed as being occupied by females (nurses, teachers), about 135 girls to 100 boys. So the next time you have to sit through a graduation speach where the speaker goes on and on about how women are under-represented in historically male occupations, you can stand up and tell her that if all women had "male" occupations, eventually couples would not have any female children, thus making females extinct, and ultimately bringing an end to the human race!!

Posted by jell0010 at 12:42 PM Random

Out At Last

Well I'm all moved out of the house I was living with in Minneapolis. There is nothing worse than living with people you can't trust. Although, it will be very enjoyable to take a shower without having to worry about contracting a disease. I am definately looking forward to having my food and other things not randomly disappear.

On another good note, I played my first round of golf of the year at Columbia Golf Course in Minneapolis. It is a beautiful municipal course with tree lined fairways and small greens. I shot an 86, not good but not bad for the first time out.

Posted by jell0010 at 1:03 PM Random

End of Semester Woes

Well, it's that time of year again. It's the end of the semester, the time when my brain starts to hurt all the time. As usual there is one class that is giving me a MAJOR headache. With only 2 weeks to go my Senior design project team is about 4 weeks behind. I will be very proud of the team if we manage to accomplish our goal. There were high hopes at the beginning of the semester, but after being neglected by our corporate sponsors and derailed by supply delays, our project has been coming to a grinding halt. It is surprising how frustrated you can get when something you work so hard on just doesn't cooperate. I can understand where this guy is coming from.

Posted by jell0010 at 12:18 PM School

Gopher Hockey

I am eagerly looking forward to next season's **Gopher Hockey. I am slightly more than a fanatic when it comes Gopher hockey. Next fall will be my fifth year with season tickets. If I could recommend one activity for all freshmen to try it definately would be attending a Gopher hockey game. There simply is nothing else like it.

When note about hockey attendance: College hockey is NOT like college football. True hockey fans do not stand the entire time. Why pay for a perfectly good seat to stand in front of it?? Mariucci Arena has been invaded by disinfranchised football fans over the last two seasons, and as a result the student section stands the majority of the time. So please, do me and my fellow hockey lovers a favor and only stand when the action warrents it.

**Note: I do not consider "women's hockey" to be real hockey. It is the most boring excuse of a sport I have ever encountered. Thusly, when referring to Gopher hockey, or any other hockey for that matter, it will be men's hockey.

Posted by jell0010 at 9:42 PM Sports

Tiger Unleashed

As many of you probably don't know I am somewhat of an Apple computer fanatic. Anyhow, Apple is releasing Tiger, the next major release of its operating system, and I can't wait to get my hands on all of its GUI-goodness. I will be attending a release party at my local Apple store to try and win a Powerbook or iPod.

Posted by jell0010 at 9:35 PM Tech

Original

This is a pretty sweet setup, figures that I find it only a semester before graduation. Although, it follows University policy of keeping all things that are good and awesome (and free) hidden from the general student body. I hope that in the following months I will be able to bore many of you with my incoherent rambling and continue a tradition of bad spelling and gramatical errors that I have established in my lifetime. Enjoy and welcome.

Posted by jell0010 at 9:29 PM Random