Finals Week

So it finally has arrived, the week every college student dreads, finals week. I'm not going to lie, i'm kind of nervous cause i don't know what to expect, how they are going to be. But, i think i will be able to make it through, but it's only sunday. The only thing that makes me nervous is having two finals in one day, i have my math final 1:30-4:30 and then my psychology final 7-9 on friday, so it's going to be a long day. Other than that i can't wait until winter break, i think i can say this for eveyone that we all could use a break right now. I don't have anything special planned yet over break but i'm sure i will find something. I have 10 days left, not like i'm counting or anything.

First Weekend in December!

snow.jpg

I still can't believe that it's already December, time flies. My first weekend of December was so much fun! My best friend from Stout came to visit, even though i saw her over thanksgiving break it was still nice to see her again. We tried to go to open skate at 11:45, but by the time we got there, there was a line and we only had about an hour to skate any way, so we decided to go to mesa pizza, my friend has never been there, she loved it, she thought it was the best pizza she has had in a while. I ended up going back home with her Saturday morning, we tried to leave early before the snow came. I needed to go home to get my winter jacket, i forgot it there over thanksgiving break, and with the snow coming i can't layer up anymore. Saturday afternoon, i made some cookies with my mom and then went over to my friends house, we ended up playing outside in the snow, it brought back those good old child hood memories of playing in the snow. It was so much fun! i don't remember the last time i laughed so hard! I'm enjoying the snow now, it means we are just closer to winter break!

Thanksgiving Break

turkey.jpg

My thanksgiving weekend was absolutely amazing! I went home Wednesday afternoon around 3, I was jealous of a lot of my friends who got to go home Tuesday night. Wednesday night, I spent with my family, we all had dinner together and then watched a movie. It was nice to catch up with my family, i felt like i haven't been home in a while. A lot of the times when I’m home I’m usually off hanging out with my friends, so it was really relaxing to just be able to hang out with the family for a night. Then of course, comes Thursday, the reason why we got school off in the first place. That morning i woke up at 6:40am to go run the turkey trot down town. It is a tradition every year with my friends to run it, plus some family members do it to. The race started at 8:30, I’ll just put it this way we just made it before the race started. I love running the turkey trot because it's a very relaxed run, you can't really time yourself cause there are thousands of people doing it, and pretty much the first 1/4 mile you walk anyways cause it's so crowded. After the turkey trot, i went home and got ready to go over to my cousin Tony's who lives in Anoka. ?I love thanksgiving cause it's when most of my cousins can make it. We go to my dad's side for thanksgiving and there are a lot of kid cousins so you are never bored. My favorite food of the thanksgiving meal had to be the mash potatoes. Pretty much my thanksgiving night consisted of me playing with my cousins and then hanging out with my family after. Friday night we had a reunion of a group of high school friends, in high school a lot of weekends we would go hot tubing, so Friday night we decided to go hot tubing again. Friday night i saw a lot of my friends who i haven't seen since the end of summer so it was a lot of fun to hear how they were liking college. Saturday night was just another hangout night for my friends and I. Overall, this break was amazing and very relaxing. I definitely needed a break if I still have to get through finals week.

weekend before thanksgiving

cyrus.jpg
This weekend my friends came to visit, i guess they really don't live that far away, they both go to St. Thomas so it's just a 10 minute drive over to the U. But, it was really great to see them and catch up with them. We ended up going to my friends concert, she is in an acapella group. They were absolutely amazing, my friend in on of the songs had to beat box, she was so good, i told her that she needed to teach me how to beat box some day. After her performance we went to go get some food and then we just hung out the rest of the night. Saturday we hung out for most of the day. We went to the football game, i think that has been one of the best games of football i have seen the gophers play in, you guys all did really good. I ended up hang out at my sisters that night with a group of lacrosse girls. Now I’m just looking forward to thanksgiving with the family. It's so soon, but i still have a lot to do before than

Homecoming Week

So this week was homecoming week, the whole week the university had activities for us to do. The beginning of the week started out kind of rough for me, hurting my ankle again during my run on Monday was not how I wanted to start off my week. The next two days weren’t any better considering I had two midterm exams on Wednesday (Halloween). All day Tuesday I was studying for my exams. Finally once my exams were over I felt a great sigh of relief. Halloween night was a lot of fun, my team mates and I stood in line at chipotle with our tin foil to get a free burrito, it was cold but definitely worth it in the end. I spent the rest of the night with them. Saturday was when it really felt like homecoming. I went to the parade Saturday afternoon, and I really enjoyed it. It surprised me to see how many alumni come back for homecoming. I really liked how they had the alumni cheerleaders and band members match/play in the parade, that way they are getting everyone involved. The football game didn't go as we hoped but I still give the boys credit for giving it what they had. Over all, it was an enjoyable homecoming.

View image

My weekend home

This weekend i decided to go home to see my best friend who was coming home from Stout. I got home friday afternoon around 4 o'clock. I met up with her and a couple of other friends of mine who were home for the weekend. We made some pizzas and sat around and caught up for a little bit. Later, a couple of my friends wanted to see the movie transformers, i wasn't sure about seeing that movie, i'm not a big fan of robot movies, but i decided that it would be fun just to spend some more time with my friends who i haven't seen in a while. The movie was better than i thought it was going to be. On saturday night we decided to go to Trail of Terror. On our way there we drove about 20 minutes to far so we had to back track. When we arived there the lines were so long, but we decided that since we drove all that ways we should probably go in. I have never been to trail of terror, so i didn't know what to expect. The first ride that my friends wanted to go on was the haunted hayride. We got in line expecting it to only take at the most an hour and a half. It ended up taking us 3 hours to get through the line, for a 5 minute hay ride. The hay ride was ok i got scared probably 3 or 4 times but a lot of the time you could just tell that it was fake. The thing that scared me the most was the guy with a real chair saw walking up to the trailer. It wasn't the best night having to stand in the cold for 3 hours for a 5 minute ride and then having to leave right after that cause it was closing; but at least we got some good laughs out of it. Overall, my weekend wasn't the most exciting weekend, but i was nice to see my friends again.

Chicago

Last weekend I traveled with my lacrosse team to Chicago for a Big Ten Tournament. We left firday afternoon around 3:30. Driving down there was so much fun. We had two 15 passanger vans so it was pretty crowded. The van i was in the pretty much sang along to songs and danced until we reached our first pit stop. On the way up there we had to stop to get gas, during the time we stopped we ended up starting to dance in the middle of the gas station. Before we knew it the whole team was dancing to thriller in the middle of the gas station. The rest of the way to Chicago we spent talking and playing 'get to know you games'. We arrived at our hotel about 12:30 so we all went to bed right away. Saturday morning we had to wake up fairly early around 9 to eat breakfast and get ready for our games. The first game we played was against Illinois and we beat them 14-1. We had back to back games so we had about 5 minutes to get ready for Michigan State. We played realy good against Michigan State, but lost 4-7 to them. Not bad though considering they are ranked 15th in the nation (last year we were ranked 54th). Our last game of the day was aganist Indiana. After the first 10 minutes of the game, i took a direct shot to my chest from one of there offense. I ended up sitting out the rest of the game just to make sure i was ok. Later that night we went out for pizza and went back to the hotel to do some team bonding. Overall it was an amazing experience. I made some good memories and made some new friends.