Justin Bieber's Mom Visits Twin Cities

Justin Bieber's mom stopped in at Minneapolis's Cupcake to be interviewed by the Pioneer Press Friday morning.

Pattie Mallette is in town to make an appearance at the Women of Faith event in downtown St. Paul. Malette has a newly published book entitled "Nowhere but Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom."

In her book, Mallette tells the painful details of her life-from child abuse, domestic abuse, a suicide attempt and life as a struggling teenage single mother. "Even though I deal with heavy subject matter in the book, it's not a depressing book," Mallette told the Pioneer Press.

In the forward that Justin writes from his mom's book, he says "my mother is the strongest women I've ever met."

In interview with Cities92, Mallette says that she hopes that her new book can help people who are in similar situations. She also is in the process of creating her own foundation called "Nowhere but up."