September 2009 Archives
"Victory", an exhibition of new work by Aaron McLeod (BFA candidate, fall 2009) is currently on view in the George Morrison Gallery of the Duluth Art Institute. A combined 3-show opening reception will be held on Tuesday, October 6th from 5-8pm. McLeod will also be on hand Thursday, October 15th from 6-7pm for a public "artist dialogue" presentation.
David Everett, (BFA Studio Art) has work featured in a three-person exhibition at Form and Content Gallery in Minneapolis. "Calling All Angels" opens October 22 and runs through the 28th of November. An artists reception is scheduled for Saturday, November 7th from 7-9pm.
Joe Shores, (BFA Studio Art) has been accepted into the Master Printer Training Program at the renowned Tamarind Institute in Albuquerque, NM.
He is scheduled to begin his course of study next year.
Several job and internship fairs will be held this fall at UMD or within driving distance that are open to current UMD students and recent alumni. Click on the name of the event to go to their website.
September 30, 2009
October 21, 2009
IN THE AREA
September 15, 2009
Minnesota Twins Sports Internship and Career Fair 2009 (Minneapolis)
September 21, 2009
St Paul Campus Job and Internship Fair (St Paul)
September 22/23, 2009
IT Career Fair (Minneapolis)
September 29, 2009
Michigan Tech Career Fair (Houghton, MI)
October 26, 2009
Government Job and Internship Fair (Minneapolis)
Bus from UMD to Gov't Fair - sign up in GoldPASS or Career Services by Oct 19
Who should attend a job and internship fair?
· Recent grads looking for a job or wanting to upgrade.
· Seniors seeking employment after graduation. Don't wait until spring to start looking!
· Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors looking for an internship to gain experience in your field or to "try out" a career. Some majors require an internship.
· Freshman gathering information on careers or employers, to help with planning your career.
· Anyone looking for summer jobs, training programs, volunteer opportunities, or a chance to network with employers.
Julie Westlund, Director
UMD Career Services
22 Solon Campus Center
1117 University Drive
Duluth, MN 55812-3000