Recently in New Work Category
This is a gallery show for the hand screen printed poster art of David Moreira. It consists of the last two years promoting local/national bands and more. There should be food, drink, and music! Also, posters and art will be for sale.
January 22nd 6-10pm
Ochre Ghost Gallery
22 2nd Ave E
Are you looking for some real work experience in graphic and web designing?
KUMD 103.3 FM (your radio station on UMD campus) is looking for graphic designing interns to handle the designing of KUMD's printed and web materials for the next year, starting immediately.
These designing projects include posters, flyers, news paper ads, logos of the shows, web elements etc.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please email your work samples (pdf or jpg) and an application letter to:
Ira Salmela at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about KUMD can be found at:
Ira "Mimmu" Salmela
Director of Development and Public Relations
KUMD - 103.3fm
Office: (218) 726-8431
Listen Live at www.KUMD.org
Lake Region Medical
340 Lake Hazeltine Drive
Chaska, MN 55318-1029 USA
Job Title: Communications Intern
Department: Sales & Marketing
Position Reports To: Director of Global Marketing
The Communications Intern will assist the marketing department in developing marketing communications materials, including layout, design, illustration and pre-press production using computer-aided publishing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies of Lake Region Medical, including a variety of job related tasks which may not be specific to this position profile.
1. Assist in the development of communications materials such as tech data sheets, sell sheets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, web updates, and e-marketing.
2. Help ensure quality and accuracy by proofing own work, producing proof copies for review by others, revising materials according to written directions on proofs, and by checking final proofs.
3. Produce effective layouts from copy, sketches, and notes supplied by Communications Coordinator by applying knowledge of company products and marketing objectives.
4. Maintain consistency in company marketing materials by adhering to corporate brand standards.
5. Meet specific deadlines for assigned projects.
6. Provide easy access to all art, photo, and electronic files by maintaining a consistent, logical and organized filing system.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a 4-year graphic design program
2. Knowledge of graphic design processes, methods and techniques such as typography, layout, and color
3. Proficiency in InDesign/Quark Xpress, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Dreamweaver.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Ability to work effectively with project team members, department staff and other internal personnel.
* Able to remain seated for long periods of time.
* Able to use the telephone for long periods of time.
* Use of computer keyboard.
* Able to handle multiple priorities effectively.
* Standard office environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND PRESENCE OF SUPERVISION:
This position reports directly to the Director of Global Marketing, and also take directives from the Communications Coordinator.
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION
Please send a cover letter, resume, and work examples to:
Lake Region Medical
340 Lake Hazeltine Drive
Chaska, MN 55318
From: Anne Swenson
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:13 PM
Subject: Art Internship available in
ELY GREENSTONE SUMMER 2010 Internship
Ely Greenstone offers an internship to advanced undergraduate and graduate students interested in arranging work experience for academic credit. The internship at the Ely Greenstone Public Art has a modest pay.
Applicants should be advanced undergraduate or graduate students with a background in art, fine crafts or related fields.
Internships at the Ely Greenstone Public Art are based on learning objectives defined by the intern, the intern's faculty adviser, and Ely Greenstone's internship supervisor. Projects will be planned that will be mutually beneficial and that will lead to the development of practical skills contributing to the student's professional training.
The intern and intern supervisor will each write a final evaluation of the internship and submit copies to the sponsoring academic institution and the chairman of Ely Greenstone. Please submit any evaluation procedures required by the school.
While Ely Greenstone will provide adequate evaluations for every intern, prospective interns are reminded that academic institutions are the sole determiners of the students' grades/credits. Students seeking internships at Ely Greenstone must ensure that all internship requirements at their schools are properly followed in order to receive credits for their work.
While an intern at Ely Greenstone may expect to commit from 20 hours on average weekly, the hours may vary.
Ely Greenstone is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for visitors, staff, interns and volunteers. Consequently, interns may be required to pass a background check as a condition of placement.
* Art Exhibits - work with artists on projects to prepare for exhibits, computer tracking, collections research, site preparation, public interpretation, and/or research.
* Art Education - work with children at Art Camp, work with volunteer chairman, inventory supplies, create supply order
* Assist with
Contact: Anne Swenson, 218-365-3141or 218-365-5917, email@example.com
Applying for an Internship
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 1, 2010
1. Once your application has been received, the contact person will notify you regarding an interview. Usually the intern supervisor will interview the student candidate in person or by telephone prior to acceptance into the internship program.
2. Ely Greenstone's contact person will ask you to complete an application. If you do not have a copy of the application, the contact person will send you one.
3. The learning objective(s) of your internship must be put into a written internship agreement which is signed by you, your faculty sponsor, Ely Greenstone's chairman, and your internship supervisor at Ely Greenstone.