« Asking questions | Main | 2010 Pulse Survey »

Brian McDonald returns

Many of you know that I attended the IT Leaders Program ("ITLP") several years ago. While in the program, I became friends with Brian McDonald, president of MOR Associates and ITLP. He's been a great friend, coach, and mentor these last few years.

In November 2007, OIT asked Brian to host professional development sessions with OIT staff. I hope you had the opportunity to attend. This was a great working session where Brian spoke about leadership at all levels in an organization. You don't have to be a manager to be leaderful.

I was pleased to hear Brian is scheduled to return for more conversation with OIT staff about the roles each of us has as IT innovators, providers, developers and leaders. Mark your calendars: 2:30-4:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 18, in the Mayo Auditorium.

The presentation is open to everyone in OIT. Additional program information will be available shortly, and will be published in an upcoming OIT newsletter. The event also will be available via UMConnect.

This session will be the first of several that Brian will give to OIT over the next year, and I hope everyone will be able to attend. I look forward to seeing you there!