Here is our class blog. My hope is that this blog will include a great discussion of ideas about what great journalism looks like as well as examples of your own writing. Feel free to try out ideas, ask questions and create an open, inviting place to extend our discussion beyond the classroom.
Here is what I'm looking for before the start of each class:
1. Read the assigned readings for that day's class.
2. Take notes as you read and look for something or more than one thing that excites, surprises, motivates you. Find something, large or small, that you think is interesting and that you'd like to talk about.
3. Log on to the class blog.
4. Post your entry at least 5 minutes before the start of class in order to receive credit.
5. Be prepared to discuss that entry in class and to introduce your ideas and the issues you'd like to discuss.
6. I will grade these entries in this way (3 points for each entry)
- Entry includes a question for the class to discuss
- Entry includes discussion of reading, using examples, citations from certain pages and other details related to the focus of the blog entry
- Entry makes connections between other pieces of journalism either from the class or from outside of the class