dan savage

I give Savage major props for standing up for something he felt so strongly for and being willing to share it with a larger audience. However, I didn't think he executed the writing very well. I could tell he writes an advice/opinion column for a publication, but honestly it was a little refreshing hearing the opinion of a writer, since we haven't read many opinion pieces. A story like this one really opens the eyes of the reader to what actually does happen in politics and I was surprised at some of the comments certain sources said in his article. I thought his idea behind the story was an interesting one and I don't think it would have had the same impact if he was actually a republican. His writing was comical at times, but he also grabbed descriptions and dialogue from people that made me really think about the struggles people have in politics.

This page contains a single entry by hanse933 published on April 27, 2010 10:10 AM.

Writing for your Audience and not Shitting Yourself was the previous entry in this blog.

Inside-out reporting is the next entry in this blog.