Ethics Section

I thought the Ethics section wasn't boring at all. The journalists' personal stories were helpful in that they deal with dilemmas that all journalists do: What should we keep in a story and what should we throw away? I liked when Boo said, "You make a thousand moral decisions in the corse of reporting and writing each story." The aftermath when a source reads a story about them is interesting because they can determine if what was written about them was completely true or not. My favorite section of this chapter was Dickerson's "Ethics in Personal Writing." His story was touching. Here he was, the little boy's uncle writing about this awful shooting that happened to his young nephew. He mentioned that his allegiance to his family trumped his allegiance to journalism. Ethics is tricky, but this section helped to explain parts of it more clearly to me.

This page contains a single entry by brow2294 published on April 1, 2010 3:03 PM.

Ethics and talk radio... was the previous entry in this blog.

ethics... is the next entry in this blog.