Helpful... kinda... blog due 4/1/10

I really liked the section by Walt Harrington: Toward an ethical code for Narrative Journalists. He really touches on some great ways to help decide what is ethical or not. I liked how he says that journalists claim the right to determine their own ethical relationships. It makes sense that if you mess up one story, you could mess them all up with your reputation. I also liked how he helped to decide if something is worth putting in the story. "Is this story honest? Is it a true story, not just a factual one? if I must withhold a peice of info from a story, I ask Myself: If the readers learned about it, would they feel decieved?" It really questions the motto I have had "when in doubt, leave it out." Ethics are a hard concept to grasp though because what one person may seem as harmless, the other may find offensive. How do you find a happy medium??

This page contains a single entry by kraft080 published on April 1, 2010 11:52 AM.

My inner style tree questions every word was the previous entry in this blog.

tough decisions made during reporting is the next entry in this blog.