Sam Cook answers two questions

After Sam Cook concluded his lecture and left, my classmates and I come up with additional questions for him. During an e-mail exchange I asked Sam Cook two of these questions while asking him his thoughts on the Lakewalk. Sam Cook's answers to our questions are posted below.

1. How many notebooks do you use in one year?

I probably use 50-75 reporter's notebooks a year. At least one a week, usually more. I try to use one for more than one story, although organizationally, it's more convenient to use one per story.

2. Do you have a neat or messy desk?

I keep a pretty neat desk. A couple of piles (one for story ideas, notes from recent stories, other ideas) and another for publications I mean to read or try to keep up on. Those piles can grow a bit out of control sometimes, requiring a monthly purge. Beyond those piles, I keep couple of calendars, a few family pics, several reference books and a few rocks that I've picked up on various trips.

This page contains a single entry by jbuchana published on May 11, 2010 10:37 AM.

It's the corn subsidies, stupid was the previous entry in this blog.