Today, I'd like to write about teamwork. When I work with partner for project1, I really had no idea what I need to do. I'm not good at C and C++. My partner knows how to read and write C and C++ code, so it was really good to work with him. I had these benefit with teamwork.
- Skills Someone is good at listening and you might be good at swimming. Although we are taking same classes, my classmates and I probably have different skills. As I mentioned above, I'm not good at C and C++. My partner has good skill of them. So, he writes a code and I help him something like fixing errors, finding something in textbook, or sharing my note(I'm good at taking a note).
- Ideas Everyone has different background, personality, and knowledge. That means everyone thinks different way and create a variety of ideas. Sometimes I might have a good idea or my partner might have a good idea, so we can share our thinking and make better result. Sharing ideas also can improve your idea more useful. You, for instance, want to make program for washer. You will make functions called wash, rinse, and dry. You will think 'This is perfect'. If you share your idea with your partner, your partner will be able to give you some feedback like "I want my washer has water temperature controller.", "I have many sweaters, so I want a power controller." something like that.
- Friend I think this is the best benefit. When I took CSCI 2011 class, my professor said "You might think discussion class is useless and you can work yourself. However; working a project with someone helps you learn faster and have a friend. I saw many students studied together until they graduated. " The class was hard for me, but because I had good group members, I could finish that course successfully. I'm still keep in touch with them and I will take other classes with them later. If you know one more person than others, you will get at least twice more information during your life.
- Cooperation Many programmer work on a project together in real world since it is huge usually. If we don't know how to cooperate with others, then it will be hard to get a job. One of the benefit of teamwork in school is learning how to work with someone, share your thinking or idea with your team members. It is important thing for your job in the future as I mentioned.
- Speed This is easiest thing people can think when they cooperate. When I was young, I saw many arithmetic problems asking like 'It takes three hours to clean the room for A but two hours to clean the same room for B. It takes one hour to clean the restroom for B but A can clean the restroom for thirty minutes. If they work together, how much time they can save?' I think we learned how cooperation is efficiency from when we are young.
I think these benefits are what we have when we work together.