« Teaching Ideas & Activities | Main | Special Interest Groups »

Discoveries & Resources

Post the discoveries you make about Community Engaged Parent Education and any new resources you have found to help you with your work here.

Hi Everyone,
I just signed up for a great new resouce. It is called: This is my Home"
and is put out by the Univ. of Minnesota Human Rights Resource Center. they are basing their curriculum aournd human rights. You can search for lesson plans and other resources on their web site.
www.thisismyhome.org
You can sign up to recieve a dvd and other materials free of charge. check it out.

Hi again everyone,

My friend, who has adopted two children is dealing with 'rage disorder' with one of her children. Coincidently, so is my brother and sister in law who have adopted two children. I found a good resource to talk with families who have adopted children. "Adopting the Hurt Child: Hope for families with Special-needs Kids: a Guide for Parents and professionals" by Gregory C. Keck, and Regina M. Kupecky.
In a completely different vien of parenting, look at this book, titled: "Living Simply with Children" by Marie Sherlock.

Hi again everyone,