Recently in Finished Projects Category

Shadow Puppet Myth by Tom Baumgartner

For my final project, I really wanted to tell a story in a way that was heavily influenced by mythology but at the same time, didnt copy any existing story and told  a cautionary tale about something I thought was an important aspect many people ignore, such as wasting resources, or self improvement as a form of egotism. I was also interested in staying true to the style of shadow puppetry and  performing  in front of a camera, but performing nonetheless.

Andrew Burns_Final Project

View image
View image
View image
For my final project I took some photos and then edited them rather extensively in photoshop. I formed my project around some of my favorite song lyrics by choosing a verse and then interpreting that verse through picture. My band of choice for the inspiration is Disturbed, a current hard rock band. Disturbed is heavier and darker than most of the music I listen to but as of now it is my favorite band and that perplexes me. So, I chose them to form my project and as a result the pictures have a much darker mood than my other projects. Each of the four pictures are not directly retelling the quotes, they are my interpretation of the quotes to how they apply to my life. The quotes reveal a darker side of myself that I find rather intriguing yet odd given my personality so within every dark picture there is evidence of a flower to represent the known and comfortable side of my character. Enjoy!
Special thanks to Erica Lobato for helping me with my project.

Allan Kerandi Computer Trouble

The intentions were this movie were to educate some of the discrepancies between immigrants of third world countries and Americans when it comes to technology. The aim of the video was to show the attempt of such people to create a movie about a typical experience of some one not used to technology. Overall the simple plot is about stereotypes that have arose of an african immigrant and his interactions with computer.

Mandi Hansen - Final Project

This animation was mainly an experiment-- I wanted to incorporate my own
drawings and 3D video into the same piece. Since I kept running into
roadblocks with the original idea I had, it ended up being mostly drawings.
Up until now art has been an experimental process to me. Nothing turns out the way I imagine it, many times for the better. I still have yet to find my
motivation.

Therese Graf- Final Project

For my final project, I decided to create a stop motion animation video. I wanted to keep a light feel to the piece, but allow the viewer to look for more if they wished to. I took the common object of a magnifying glass and placed it in the role of something that was personally valuable to the main character. Looking through the magnifying glass and the final question in the video are meant to make the audience think about what it is that really matters to them even though it may be small. There are definitely aspects of the video that I would change, but due to the time limit and the intensity of the method I was not able to. Hope you enjoy it!

AndrewBurns_Final

The Geezer Chase by Chris Krajnik

If you've ever heard of a phrase or saying and wondered what it could possibly mean, you know the interesting possibilities that can be thought up. This video is an imagination of what a certain t-shirt I found could possibly entail. It is by no means the real explanation of the t-shirt, but is the most interesting thing that came to my mind.

Chris Locky Final Project

This is the first project that I approached with a clean slate. I had no preconceptions or plans when it came down to how I was putting it together. Through the fear and uncertainty of failure, I think it turned out quite nicely. I disliked it at first, but it definitely grew on me. I used what I had in front of me quite literally. I began to find a common theme of movement and travel. My sense of wandering and displacement shows itself in the subject matter and how it comes across in the visual field. The audio was the most difficult, but in the end it miraculously fit the tone of a travelers struggle between endeavoring into the unknown and detaching oneself from any semblance of home. It's a big planet, but it's a small world.

Michael Whiting Final Project

Shreyans Jain Final Project

My piece is pretty much self explanatory. I am attempting to show certain thoughts floating in my character's mind and how with meditation he calms the mind and moves on. For me art is not just portraying the literal but also the abstract or perhaps a more subtle reality and that is what I am trying to do in my video. All the shots have been taken from a single position. This helps me in not only getting the desired special effect but also is a commentary on how the space is portrayed as the interior of the character's mind with one single observer.

Wilson-By Sam Baker

WILSON by FAMUEL

The library is commonly thought of as a quiet and calm location. For "Wilson" I wanted to record sounds in a library and transform those sounds into a song.   So, I turned on the recording device and walked into the library as many students do for a normal study session, hoping to find music within the library.  As an artist, it is my goal to take everyday, ordinary things, and turn them into new, unrecognizable,  and hopefully extraordinary pieces of art.  In some of my past works it was my intention to make the audience laugh.  However, with this project I want listeners to walk away saying, "There is no way he made that from recording sounds at a library!" 

Note: All sounds are from the library, I didn't use any instruments or drum samples.

Baby. Brothers.

Brothers. Babies. Bammm!

Visions from a Window by Sara Bernal

At night before I sleep, I look out at a parking lot. This is what I see.

Much love and thanks to my beautiful dancers for helping make my vision come true : Kat Lung, Jin-Ming Lai, Renee Starr, Eli Edleson-Stein, Emily Maple, and Ellen Topitzhofer

Animal Survial

How do animals survive disasters? How come our sophisticated don't come up to par with animals senses? The key is their keen senses to changes in the environment and increased ability to detect changes. 

Therese Graf- Project 3

Soundexperiment- Therese Graf

Lost my original work so this is what I could scrap together. 

Audio Fun Time by Chris Krajnik

Michael Whiting - The Haunting

Michael Whiting  - Project 3 - titled The Haunting

SleepState

One Question - Sara Bernal

ARTS 1601 - Shreyans Jain - Short Film Project

Art Attacks by Theresa

Chris Locky project #3

Day Drinking-By Sam Baker

The music comes from a remix I did of Lil Jon's "Act a Fool", however I made some modifications to it.

Special thanks to Pabst for such a quality beer.

Therese Graf: From the Ground Up

Rerig Center Movie.mov

Audio Citation: Immashoo Group Schizophrenic. Mongolian Keychain. Rec. Mar 6 2006.  Open Source Audio. April 5 2010. <http://www.archive.org/details/MongolianKeychain1>.

AndrewBurns: Merry-Go-Round

Special Thanks  to Tyler Wimsett for helping with the video.

Chris Krajnik_Safety Tips

Video Citations: 

Are You With Me Steve? The G Force Effect [Video]. (2007). Retrieved March 31, 2010, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRw6Flwdag

Boeing 787 Makes Maiden Flight [Video]. (2010). Retrieved March 31, 2010, fromhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fucq5BoEfEI

How To Survive An Airplane Crash [Video]. (2009). Retrieved March 31, 2010, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaTtsnZZz0

Top Ten Crosswind and Scary Aircraft Landings [Video]. (2009). Retrieved March 31, 2010, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNisGk0keP8

Wings Fall Off at an Airshow [Video]. (2007). Retrieved March 31, 2010, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPbhQS6IljU

Wings Fall Off Massive Airplane [Video]. (2007). Retrieved March 31, 2010, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcC8zqNjKk

One Question - Sara Bernal

Allan Kerandi: Animal Survial

Animals have a unique sense to identify danger ahead of time. Sometime we all just need to pay more attention

Many Little Pictures - Chris Locky

Shreyans Jain - Project No. 2 -

Fruit Gathering

People are always on the go and a fruit is a nice way to get rid of the hunger. How ever maybe fruits are on the go this time. Just a friendly reminder to others about healthy snacking options

We are all bees by Tom Baumgartner and Andrew Burns

Sara Bernal "Spring in February"

Stick by Mandi Hansen

Michael Whiting - The Room

Michael Whiting's stop frame animation project entitled: The Room

"Thoughts In His Dome" Eli Stein

Thoughts in his Dome

a stop motion film by Eli Stein

Untitled-By Sam Baker

Christopher Krajnik - "Flight"

Therese Graf- The Wall

In-class Stopmotion Animation Experiments

Magic Trick by Mandi Hansen and Karrah Kobus

Faces by Chris Krajnik, Therese Graf, and Eli Edleson-Stein

Flyaway by Chris Krajnik, Therese Graf, and Eli Edleson-Stein

The Flying Amigos
by Theresa Crushshon, Allan Kerandi, and Sam Baker

Dodgeball by Chris Locky, Sara Bernal, and Almarie Coleman

Paper War by Tom Baumgartner, Andrew Burns, and Shreyans Jain