Recently in How To Category
Some clear (but rather dry) basic HTML instructions can be found here:
A simple glossary of tags is here:
Colorpicker - for easily converting color to hex code.
The website for the Processing software -- processing.org -- is a wealth of resources for learning to write code. Tutorials are here:
Pixels, Inches, Megapixels, Resolution
Here's a helpful chart that tells an image's optimum dimensions in pixels for whatever print size and quality you want. It also shows how that translates into "megapixels." There are handy explanations of the terms also (the chart itself is near the bottom of the page.)
Photoshop Key Commands
Here's a chart of some of the most common and helpful Photoshop key command shortcuts.
Use the "Artserve" Server to back up your work whenever you are in W248.
**NEVER run Final Cut Pro Projects directly from the server**
1. In the Finder, press Apple-K, and put in the address
2. Enter the username and password from the Access section of your syllabus (the same ones you use to log on to the classroom computers.)
3. The first time you log on, make a new folder for your work, titled with your first and last names (i.e. JonathanKaiser)
1. Open a new window in your browser and go to http://blog.lib.umn.edu/
2. Click the bright green Start Blogging link.
3. Login with your x500 username
4. Under the "My Blogs" heading on the Dashboard, you should see Experimental and Media Arts - Spring 2011. Click on it.
5. If you don't see this, Click on the System Overview tab and select it there.
6. Now you can go to Create > Entry
7. Make sure your entry has a Title which includes your name and that you choose a Category from the menu on the right. Please don't make new categories.
8. Use the (Insert Image) button to upload any photographs you'd like to include.
9. Use the (Hyperlink) button to change any highlighted text into a link. Be ready to paste or type the URL.
10. Click SAVE!!!!!!