Hello

By way of introduction, my name is Laura Olevitch. I am new to this blog and to the University. I've been here about a month, and am a Program Development Coordinator at the Minnesota Population Center (MPC).

The following announcement may be of interest to some of you.
The MPC is now accepting Spring applications for Proposal Development Grants. These are small-scale grants, designed to give researchers the time or other resources that they need to develop and submit population-related research proposals to external funding agencies.

The submission deadline is Thursday, February 15.
For more information, visit our website (http://www.pop.umn.edu/research/developmentGrants.shtml)

Continue reading "Hello" »

What's Next?

I think Thomas's idea of occasional informal get togethers is a good one. It would be nice to get to know more about one another's work over a meal. We can then begin to get a better sense of how we might be of use to each other.

It is fairly easy to do lunches for groups of people in the Nolte Center library. People can stop downstairs at the cafeteria, buy their lunch, and carry it up to the library in room 125. Perhaps a lunch in mid- to late-January?

How do others feel about this?

Jeanne

What next for grant writer's network?

It seemed that the first meeting of the new grant writer's group did not end with a very clear sense of future direction. I would like to suggest that, perhaps, this grant writer's group might be more successful as an informal network, rather than a kind of semi-formal problem solving group. Perhaps breakfast or luncheon meetings a few times a year would be worth while for people. Any thoughts.

Thomas

Grants resources pages in Veterinary Medicine

Hi everyone,

I unfortunately had to miss the first meeting of the group. But I wanted to show you a set of grants resources web pages that I created in the College of Veterinary Medicine, in case they're useful to you or compel you to create your own!
On our Research homepage - http://www.cvm.umn.edu/researchandgradprog/research, the five links on the righthand side go to these pages.
"Calendar of grant deadlines" is just that -- a calendar that extends out for about a year, with the dates and links to the RFPs. When a month is over, I put it on a "View past deadlines" page, so that people can check and see what the schedule was the year before. The people who use this the most are departmental administrators.
"Looking for funding" has links to as many federal, state, private, and U of M granting organizations that I know of. Some agencies have their own page (e.g., NIH).
"Resources for new investigators" is a newish page that I started at the request of junior faculty. It has grant opportunities that are particularly suited to new investigators.
"Writing grant proposals" has links to model proposals and a lot of writing advice from places like Science magazine.
"Investigator support" has info on the nuts and bolts of submitting a proposal. Links to SPA, federal agency forms, etc.

If you have any resources that I should know about, please let me know. Or comments or questions...

Karin Matchett

From barbara murdock

OK. This is really cute --

I'm not sure where the pull-down menu to publish is, but it says below that the post status is published. So... I guess I'll believe it.

Thanks, Jeanne!

Barbara

Hello

Thanks Jeanne for setting this up for the network.

Hello Blog

Hopefully, this will be a valuable resource for information sharing

Welcome to the Grants Consultant Info Exchange

Greetings and welcome to the new Grants Consultant Info Exchange blog. In the pages of this blog, U of MN grants consultants from across the institution are welcome to post questions, concerns, suggestions, and responses on topics regarding higher education funding. The blog is administered by Jeanne Kilde. Contact her at jkilde@umn.edu if you would like to be added to the authors list.