Learning 2.0 Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called UMD Learning 2.0. Make your own badge here.

Library 2.0 & Web 2.0 (18)

2.0....

I think Learning 2.0 and Web 2.0 are just terms to describe technology used today and there will be more terms to describe the technology of tomorrow. Technology and Libraries go hand in hand--- technologies allow access to information in many ways.

I have used some of these technologies to collaborate with other librarians located elsewhere in MN. I like technology and it enables me to be a better librarian. Things change constantly and some of the technologies in the Learning 2.0 Things will help me keep up.

Technorati (17)

I used the term Learning 2.0 in Technorati and got 781 Blogs (just an FYI I got 6,690 hits on Posts)

When looking at the most Popular Web 2.0 and Youtube were at the top, no surprise there:)

This would be useful when looking for a blog, but the Blogs that I have in Bloglines came from other sources and most were recommended.

I also did a search fro curling--I got 46 posts tagged Curling, 148 blogs and a good number of pictures and videos.

Del.icio.us (16)

Del.icio.us--I think this will be useful fro collected Government Document websites. But I will also look at Furl.

I did install the Del.icio.us extension in Firefox. I have started to add some of my favorite Gov't Doc sites and will continue to do so. I also added the LibLearn network.

Roll your own search engine (15)

After exploring Rollyo I did not set up an account. It does have some cool add on tools like the Firefox plug-in with a specialized search box. I will keep this in mind for use in the future--

Wiki's (19)

Wiki's --
The reference team is working on a Wiki. I think Wiki's work best with a very specific topic in mind--like for an event or collaborative learning.
I found a Wiki called KintWiki which has some cool patterns and tips. I also found that the Shifted Librariani has a Wiki also has the Shifted Librarian Blog that I have in Bloglines account.

Playing around with PBWiki (20)

I started using PBWiki over a year ago. I used it for fun to post cookie bake recipes from an annual gathering of baking!

Another use for Wiki's that I like are the ones that ACRL and Computers in Libraries did for the attendees--including things to do, places to eat, transportation information and more!

UM Wiki Sandbox (21)

I added an entry in the sandbox. I have used the UM Wiki and the reference team is working on a Wiki.

Web-based Apps (22)

I like web-based applications. I have used them to prepare for an MLA presentation since I it was a group presentation and we all work in different libraries. I have been using Google documents for MILE--the MLA leadership institute. these types of application make is easier to collaborate with people all over the MN and beyond.

Web 2.0 tools (23)

I was very pleased to see Meebo on the Web 2.0 awards list--I like being able to login to my accounts anywhere and all at once. I also heard about Ma.gnolia at MLA. I think Ma.gnolia is going to be easy to use.

Fun Week (12,13,14)

About Technology---
I use technology everyday and it has been fun and useful to take time to learn about technologies that I do not use regularly.

I made an image in fd's Flickr Toys--
My creation

Continue reading "Fun Week (12,13,14)" »

Flickr (10, 11a, 11b)

I set up a my 1st Flickr account after the Spring Forum in 2006 so I could post the photos after the forum was over. I like using Flickr and have been putting pictures there and on my blog. You can check out some pictures I posted for Learning 2.0!
Also check out my creation using fd's Flickr Toys.

Continue reading "Flickr (10, 11a, 11b)" »

Podcasts (8)

Podcasts are a great way to get information on almost any topic. Today I was in a music mode and found this podcast that was the final product of a song that was written in a couple of hours from the Potluck Creative Arts Music Workshop. The Birthday song

Listen if you dare:)

YouTube ( 9)

Dewey Decimators Book Cart Drill Team - MLA 2007

I thought this was entertaining. YouTube has some very funny videos--

Grand Marais

DSC01341.JPG