« My name... | Main | Invisible Fence »

Mississippi River

Today, I got to go on a picnic. Well, Joan only gave me a tortilla chip so she got most of the food. I was let off leash and was very good to only fetch a stick and not run away after squirrels. We then went all along the M. River along the western bank. There are many "beaches" along there so I went swimming and retrieved sticks from the water, like a good labrador retriever. I saw two other dogs - a polka dotted mix and another brown dog like myself. There were also people fishing and sunning themselves as well along the river. I saw a big, dead fish and was just about to roll myself all over it when Joan saw what I was about to do and called me vehemently to move away from it. So I did - no problem - I was just as happy to run and jump in the water.
I'm also being trained on an invisible electric fence. So far, I gotten 3 shocks - none since last Sunday night. Today, Joan let me off leash in the yard and I haven't gone beyond the flags yet, even when I see a squirrel in the neighbor's yard. I think I know what I'm doing, but Joan doesn't trust me totally yet.

Well, I'm bushed. I'm going to take a little nap...

Wow Bosco! You've got a large vocabulary! "Vehemently" is a pretty big word for a canine. Way to go, Bosco!

BTW: How come all your postings are by somebody named "joanh"? I think you should vehemently request your own posting name!