« Tough week | Main | Sharing a yard with Bunnies »

Skijoring or not....

Today was awesome! It snowed last night and this morning we got to go on a walk around the neighborhood. I just love the snow. As Joan plodded along the non-shoveled sidewalks, I would plunge my head into the snow, wiggle my head right and left, and then emerge with a snow-crusted nose. I was bouncing around happy happy happy!

Later, Joan left but then she returned and I could tell we were not going to go on our usual evening walk, but go somewhere - perhaps the dog park. I knew this because she brought up the sheet from the dryer that covers the backseat of the car. And then, I really really know we are not walking when she gets the leash but does not put the gentle leader harness on my nose! What great excitement. I jump up and down by the door because I'm so excited. I also sometimes jump on Joan, especially if she is doing other things like drinking a glass of water or eating some food. She's so into her own needs - what about mine?! I need to gooooo.....

So go we went - we drove over to this golf course across the river. Lots of people were there sledding on a great hill but Joan brought her skis. I guess she vowed the next time there was snow, no matter what, she would go. So we went....

skijoring.jpg

Ha ha. That is a joke! This is skijoring and I know this dog looks a lot like me, but it is not me nor Joan. However, Joan thinks that maybe I would be a good skijoring dog as long as we have plenty of time for stopping. There was a guy at the golf course whose dog was attached to him much like this - skijoring along. I started to look at them, considering whether I should go and say hi, but then the man told his dog to keep going, so I just stuck with Joan. There also was another dog who was running around with his human. We played a bit, running around like maniacs but then his human man wanted to go so Joan and I headed off on our own.

Here is the real picture of me out there having a great time. I know it doesn't really do justice because when Joan stops, so do I usually. Well, I'm super tired now and just want to take a nap on my bed, so it's to sleep for me.

dog_golf.jpg