« Fair-weather walkers emerge | Main | Lick-o-rama »

People who bark...are weird

Yesterday on our morning walk, Joan smiled at these two guys who parked on the side of the road in our neighborhood. Joan keeps being nice to people around here even though most of them ignore us, look down at the ground, or do what this guy did ....

We had passed these guys and then I heard one guy start barking really loudly at us. Like a fake bark - a human bark - humans trying to bark like us dogs (it doesn't work humans...we can tell). In any case, Joan was annoyed by this guy because his bark also kind of made me jump a little bit (maybe her too). So she told him he wasn't being very nice (speaking her mind, I love that). Then the other guy said, 'Oh he's just playing around.' or something like that. We won't smile at them or greet them anymore because they acted weirdly.

There were even MORE fair-weather walkers out yesterday since it got to 66 degrees - a record for March 13th! Almost all the snow is gone and so now that means one thing: MUD. Now Joan definitely makes me sit and clean my paws upon re-entry to the house after being in the backyard.

ACTUALLY...THERE IS A HUMAN THAT CAN BARK AND SOUND EXACTLY LIKE A DOG...SO MUCH SO THAT DOGS RESPOND