« December 2007 | Main | February 2008 »

Turkey Creek with friends

Yesterday was quite a day. First Joan walked me around the neighborhood. I thought it was kinda a short walk, but hey I don't complain - I get it better than most dogs. Then Joan put the sheet in the back seat of the car and I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. So the next thing she knew, I was standing behind her waiting to get into the car (I pulled the fence door open and came out). Then she moved a tiny bit and I squeezed my body into the car and sat down. She was laughing at me. She shut the door and left. So I sat in the car for a while. I didn't mind. Then she came out with water and then made me get out of the car.

But then she got my leash and other things and went outside and I jumped back into the car. Then I saw Melissa coming over to our car, so then I jumped out of the car because I had to say hi to her, too. I jumped on her. (Bad, I guess.) Then we all got in the car and I gave Melissa a few kisses which she didn't seem to like very much.

We drove along the curvy road and I was so excited I just couldn't help but yelp the whole way. But we ended up in a parking lot and Maura was there and also my dog cousin, Brandy. But all the humans left and we were stuck in our cars for like an hour.

FINALLY, the humans came out and I got really excited again. And we were off - we drove to Turkey Creek! We waited there for a little bit and then our other friend Kathy and her 2 German short hair dogs, Elena and Morgan, came with. So we had 4 humans and 4 dogs - what a great group! I was so excited I was yelping a lot and wagging my tail. Life couldn't be better, really. We hiked up the trail and back again - we saw lots of other dogs and people and went in the water and smelled stuff.

On the way down, Morgan went missing. Maura went ahead and Joan stayed behind with Kathy. I was running back and forth between them - running up to Maura and then I'd wonder about Joan and would run back to her again. Kathy decided to walk back and see if she could find Morgan while we all walked ahead back to the parking lot. We did not find Morgan, but Kathy did! And the funny thing was some other people had Morgan on a leash! No wonder Morgan couldn't come to us - they were preventing it. Kathy was very upset and suspicious of these people - we all thought it very strange. Cuz they also had a dog but their dog was not on leash ... very very strange!

All in all, though it was a fantastic morning even if I did have to wait in the car while they ate breakfast. The car isn't so bad. I took a long nap when I got home and didn't even bug Joan for a walk though she did take me on one.

Holiday ...?

Well, I heard that there were several holidays but I was not really involved in them that much. Well, the first one - Joan had friends over for what looked like a yummy dinner - that I got to participate in by greeting everyone as they arrived and trying to get them to pet me.

BUT then there was this thing called Christmas and New Years. Now, Christmas - I was not invited over to Joan's sister's house because of their dog, Bella, who doesn't know how to be nice to other dogs, including me. (So naturally I growl back at Bella to tell her to knock it off ... then the kids think I AM MEAN. Geez, that's not fair.) So, Joan left me at our house while she went over there for Christmas eve dinner and then again the next day for Christmas. I didn't even get a Christmas gift. But all I want is Joan's love so that's good enough for me!

Joan was around for a few days but then the box-on-wheels came out and I started sniffing it and getting concerned. I followed Joan around. But then we went to sleep and I kinda forgot about it. Maura came over and the next thing I knew, they left together without me. Then I realized the box-on-wheels was gone, too. Boo hoo.

Later that day, a woman named Rachel came over to rescue me. I was SOOOOO happy to see her. She let me out and took me for a walk and fed me. So the next few days Rachel hung out with me, and we were fast friends. She took me down to Town Lake for a walk but she didn't let me off leash (too bad). We had some good times - except not that day, Dec 31, because people were doing things that made really LOUD popping noises and I DO NOT LIKE that.

A few days later, guess who arrived home again? JOAN with that box-on-wheels and her friend, Melissa. But I was scared of Melissa which was really weird because I really like her a lot, but I was a little confused about all the stuff. Plus, the stuff smelled like another dog. I remember that dog - her name is Berkeley and she's a big brown dog who lives in Colorado with her people. I visited them once but she didn't like me a ton.

It's good to have Joan back. Plus, she seems super happy!

More mail for me!

Wow, I got a package back before Christmas that I REALLY liked. Check it out:

Bosco's nose in a box of dog treats

Dog treats laid out on the table

Bosco sniffing the package called Liver

Bosco eating the liver

Not only were there treats in there for me, there was a big bag of holiday candy for Joan! I, of course, honed in on that too since there was chocolate in there. These treats came to me from the mom of one of Joan's old boyfriends. Her name is Carol and she lives in Wisconsin. I even stayed with her once when Joan went to California for Christmas. I did not get along with their dog, though. They have another dog now so who knows if I'd like the new one. I don't think Joan is taking me to Wisconsin anytime soon - at least I hope not because I'm not a big fan of all-day car rides. Short rides to the park are great, but 8 hours in a car, not so good.

Anyway, it was a GREAT surprise and I'm still enjoying these yummy treats because Joan put them in the freezer and is giving only a few of them to me at a time. You know me, I'd gobble them all up right away if I could.

And then Lori visited

After Loukia left, another box-on-wheels person arrived - Lori. I remember her from Minneapolis. She was down here for the same reason Loukia was - but they don't know each other I guess.

lori and bosco

Lori was nice to me while she was here except that they were not here for too much time. I think they went out shopping and eating, but they did take me to the dog park nearby so I could run around - I always like that!

Visitors are always welcome - we love visitors - as long as they love me, too!

Later that day, my dog cousin, Brandy, came over to my house! (Dog cousin Bella did not, phew.)

Bosco and Brandy in the bedroom

I wasn't sure why but then Joan put both of us in the car and we went to Turkey Creek for a 3 mile walk/run in the country, hills, and forest. I love that. Later on, Maura told Joan that Brandy could hardly walk after our romp around outside. We think Brandy has arthritis or something like that. She usually doesn't get that much exercise, so her people probably don't notice. While a 3 mile walk is nothing for me, it could be a lot to other dogs.