At our last computer management meeting we discussed the features or roles that will be added to ConfigMgr in the future. This post is a view of what is in the pipeline, and does not contain any dates... nor does the order add any significance :) For dates we already put out for certain features/roles listed below are still valid.
- SQL server 2008 upgrade
- Reporting Services Point installation
- For an overview of this role, go to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc431436.aspx
- Fallback Status Point Installation
- For an overview of this role, go to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694178.aspx
- MOF edit for gathering antivirus definition date for Symnatec AntiVirus
- This MOF edit will extend the reporting capability of ConfigMgr to include reporting on virus definition dates for Symantec
- MOF edit for gather members of the local administrators group
- The MOF edit will extend the reporting capability of ConfigMgr to include reporting on members of the local administrators on each computer. NOTE: This edit requires a script to run clientside for Vista and above to work. More information to follow.
- Installation of Service Pack 2 for Configuration Manager 2007.
- This will provide full support for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2
Well, that's what's in the hopper right now. More are out there, but these are the ones you will see in the near future.
Please post any questions or comments below.