Farewell

It's been a great time here at the U and I'll cherish all the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of meeting during my tenure.  I'm amazed at what we've been able to accomplish in a little under four years!  We started fresh with a ConfigMgr 2007 SP1 install in the summer of 2008 and have grown from the first client to just under 13,000 computers under management now, quite amazing for an opt-in service!  Let's enjoy that today, and then tomorrow start encouraging those who don't have their computers in ConfigMgr to add them (yes, this will be my last push to get computers in ConfigMgr)! 

We started a University packaging community in that same summer in 2008 with some interested partners throughout the U that focused on packaging applications.  We have since grown into a large, flourishing computer management community that has task forces and subcommittees focusing on, but not limited to: OSD, DCM, Group Policy, WoL, user rights elevation (completed), and 64bit software.

I encourage you all continue to strive for computer management standardization and aggressively pursue new technologies to enable our users to effectively and efficiently do their jobs.  I read a quote the other day that IT is one of the few departments that touch all other departments, I never really thought about it before but is shows that we can do a lot to affect how everyone works for the better!

My last day will be on the 7th of July, I hope to see a lot of you before I leave.  But if I don't, farewell and keep in touch.  I'll keep my University account so feel free to reach me by email, or twitter (@joeartz).

There is a quote that has been hanging in the entryway of my grandparents' house now for over 60 years as the last thing visitors saw when they left the their house.  And that is what I would like to leave with you as I depart the University community.

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand. --Irish Blessing

It's been an honor working with you Joe. It's also an honor leaving the 1st comment on your farewell blog post. You will be missed, and yes, we will keep in touch.
Kind Regards, Trent

Thanks for everything you've done for us here Joe. You'll be missed greatly. The CM community here is as strong as it is largely thanks to you.

Craig

Thanks Joe for putting up with us. You will be working in my neck of the woods. Feel free to stop by for a beer anytime!

Yo, Joe. Thanks for setting a strong standard for excellence here at the U and getting things moving toward community-driven innovation. You will be misssed!

Larry

Thanks for being awesome, Joe.
Scott

Thanks for all you work and amazing support.
Rahat