Wrapping it up

Thanks for the few things you had said to me. It was nice to hear from you. It is too bad that we couldn't have exchanged a few more things though. It is also too bad that not too many people really responded and took this seriously. It was an interesting semester for me here. With me coming from a small town to the big city of Minneapolis was a big jump. There have been a lot of new experiences. I hope that the rest of your year goes well and you reach whatever goals you have set for yourself. Thanks for your time and best of luck...buh bye

Posted by at 11:06 AM

Thanksgiving Weekend

My thanksgiving weekend wasn't all too eventful. I worked alot, i worked wednesday, friday, saturday and a little on sunday. I also went to the casino with a couple of friends from back home wednesday and thursday night. On thursday I ate thanksgiving supper with my family and it was pretty good. I slept all day before supper, which was very refreshing. I drove school bus for my high school's basketball teams and it was fun to watch them play. I unfortunately didn't get much homework done though, which would have been kind of nice. That was my weekend in a nutshell.

Posted by at 11:49 AM

My Favorite Class

My favorite class at school is Basic Writing. In this class we are learning a new style of writing to me. I have never worked with the MLA (Modern Language Association) format. There are a lot of different ways to cite sources when using this, and this class has been very helpful in me learning those concepts. I have also learned alot about myself in the papers I have written. It brought up some issues I never really realized before and helped me realize how I got to where I am today. If you have a class you like, tell me about it...or if there are any questions you have for me, feel free to ask.

Posted by at 2:31 PM

Dr. Knick

Dr. Knick was my favorite teacher in high school. I learned the most from the four classes I took with him. He taught Economics, Sociology, Current World Events and Psychology. He had a great personality which went along great with the way he would try to teach. He used a different technique than most teachers giving us a different point of view on issues. Him and I were pretty good friends because he was also my football coach. Here is a little bit on my favorite teacher. Do you have a favorite teacher? If so tell me about him/her. Or if there are any other questions you would like to ask, go right ahead.

Posted by at 11:21 AM

Response to Travona

Do you have any questions that you would like to ask me?

I am wondering how you like school. Do you like going? Do you like being there? Do you feel safe there? Do you like your teachers? How do you like living in Minneapolis?

Posted by at 11:13 AM

For Lincoln students...part 1

About Me

I am from Fairfax Minnesota, which is about 80 miles west and 30 miles south of Minneapolis. It is a pretty small town with a population of only 1300 or so. It is a big jump coming from there to living here in Minneapolis. I am in college here at the U because i want to become a business man. I like the field of business and it is a pretty good paying field to go into. I work outside of school driving school bus for my home school, driving truck, and i do mechanical work on buses and diesel vehicles. I like to lift weights, run, watch sports, play sports, and talking with people.

A couple of questions i have:

What are your average grades?
How often do you usually miss school?
Are your classrooms in nice conditions, like apearance wise?
How many computer labs do you have at your school?

Posted by at 8:06 PM

my paper getting torn apart

yesterday in class i volunteerd my paper for a group discussion. I found out some new and interesting things about my paper and my writing style. I never knew not to use conjunctions in my writing. This was a new, and soon to be helpful topic to learn. I learned that some of my ideas were scattered around the work and that i should centralize them a little better. I was told that my accronymns shold be better explained, example GFW. I received some helpful feedback as to explain a little more about the stereotype of my school and where exactly it is located. I still was somewhat unclear on my citing though, but i'm sure i'll get it figured out with enough time...overall it was an interesting and helpful experience

Posted by at 11:48 AM

a paragraph from lincoln essay

One huge difference in my school, GFW Middle School, to Lincoln Community Schools is the amount of students who receive free or a reduced price lunches. Information taken from the Minnesota Department of Education website, 93% of the students who attend Lincoln are receiving free or reduced lunches.(School Report Card Lincoln) When comparing this to GFW, it is quite a big gap, according to the Minnesota Department of Education, GFW Middle School only has 42% of its students on free or reduced price lunches.(School Report Card GFW) This could have an impact for a couple of reasons. For one, in order for students to receive free or reduced price lunches, their family needs to be below a certain income line. This lower income could mean less opportunities for the children outside of school and could have an impact on the way the student looks at life. Another thing, if the family is poor, there might not be adequate food, clothing, etc. The students could have problems getting school supplies and even going to good schools.

Posted by at 11:33 AM

"I don't remember the title of the movie, but it was very informative"

well today we watched a movie. I don't remember the name of it, but it was very informative and gave a good look into other schools and how they run. I have seen this video before. I like the contrast between the rich schools and the poor schools. The school i went to was in between both of those. I never expected some schools could be in such poor conditions as some of them were. I also never expected some schools to be as nice as some were. The contrast in ohio with the schools and the way they were run and the money they receive was amazing. I feel bad for students who have to put up with the conditions of those schools. No one deserves such mis-treatment.

Posted by at 12:01 AM

MLA citations: pain in the butt....neccesary evil

Well as you may be able to tell from the title we are now working with MLA citing. This is not the most fun/easy thing to be doing. It is quite difficult, especially for one who hasn't done much citing in his life. It also does not help one bit that I have two other classes in which i have to cite things two different ways. This is quite confusing!!!! Sometimes i don't know what to do and i get everything mixed up. I will have to work hard to get this down and hopefully it will work out to where i know what i am doing. It is somewhat not too difficult following the examples, but there are so many exeptions, different forms it can be confusing...we'll just have to see how it goes i guess

Posted by at 10:52 PM