PCYC Volunteering Day 1

Yesterday was my first day volunteering at this organization in a little while and I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The student was very kind and genuinely appreciated the help. However, going into this I had a lot of precautions. One, MAJOR thing was how this was incorporated into the course. I honestly still find it very poorly integrated. It seems as though we still are being forced to do such a thing. Dont get me wrong, I want to help these students! I guess Im just used to the Arch 1281 class in which we not only interacted with the student, but we actually got to design something for them as well. It was an actual assignment that integrated the organization with the course. In this course however, I am still very frustrated with this entire thing! Once again, im not trying to seem like a jack ass and make it seem like i dont want to help! That couldn't be farther from the truth!

I guess I still have to wait to see the true benifit of this WITH the course and not just something beneficial on its own. I have previously volunteered with this organization, in fact it was just last year in Arch 1281 designing games for their young kids. That was a very rewarding experience as I love working with kids, little ones especially because they are very funny, say the darnest things, yet have the most innocent mindsets. It was great to design something for them to help with their education development. So I guess thats where I leave this for now. Im still waiting for the connection here Ozayr...