Customer Service Response Letter

This is a customer service response letter written to another student in my journalism class Public Relations Campaign and Writing Tactics. Ms. Block had a poor experience at Buffalo Wild Wings and the following is my response to her letter from the point of view of the public affairs associate:

Dear Ms. Block

Thank you for bringing our attention to the service you experienced at one of our Buffalo Wild Wings Stores. We would first like to thank you for choosing our establishment earlier and for being a loyal customer.

We apologize for the poor service you received. That you had to wait as long as you had for service is frustrating for myself as well, it is not a usual characteristic of our organization. Hot food is something we would like to pride ourselves on, and that you received you food cold tells us that there was something abnormal happening at that Buffalo Wild Wings on that particular day. It may have been that they were under staffed and in turn were very busy. We are doing what we can to ensure our stores are well staffed in preparation for increased guests during busy times.

Enclosed is a gift card for Buffalo Wild Wings, reimbursing the purchases you made that day, as well as a coupon for your next dining experience, which I hope will be much better this time. We very much appreciate having loyal customer who give feedback in anyway and are grateful for you letting us know about your experience. Sorry for any inconvenience that evening. If you have any more questions or comments, do not hesitate to give a call or send me another email.

Thanks for your comments,

Heather Johnson

Buffalo Wild Wings Public Affairs

I start by addressing her Professionally, not just casually with her first name. Notice how I thank her for even writing a letter and from there, thanks her being a loyal customer. Next I apologize with examples for the situation and try to give a reason for why that may have happened and what we as a company are doing to prevent it from happening again. I also reassure her that this is not a normal characteristic of the company. She requested that Buffalo Wild Wings refund her money, so I granted her request and gave her a coupon so her feelings are hopefully more than satisfied. Then I apologize again and let her know I will help her again if she has any future issues or comments.